The National Candy Technologists Scholarship is awarded to a college sophomore, junior or senior with a demonstrated interest in confectionery technology. This can include many activities including but not limited to research projects, work experience, and formal study. Many weird or unusual scholarships reward students who can be creative and unique. These scholarships are not necessarily easier to win than regular awards, and they may require more ingenuity. Boy, do I know some people from school who could have benefited from this hilarious grant.
- Ronald McDonald House wants to help students who are financially challenged.
- There will be four scholarships awarded, each worth $2,000.
- Despite these differences, there is one main connector among these opportunities.
- This is another scholarship awarded to those with namesake luck.
- Offering a maximum of 10 scholarships a year, each applicant must be enrolled in college as a full-time student with a 2.5 GPA to win a scholarship each semester or quarter.
- Although these awards cannot be labeled as scholarships due to technicalities, they still fall under the same category.
- Unigo grants a scholarship to the student (age 14 or older) who can, in no more than 250 words, describe the best zombie apocalypse survival plan on the campus of their chosen or current college.
Take the Gamers Helping Gamers scholarship as an example. This scholarship is awarded to players of the popular wizard card game Magic the Gathering. There’s https://turbo-tax.org/obscure-scholarships-for-college/ even a Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship, which asks students to describe their survival tactics in the event that their school is overtaken by zombies.
Too Cool to Pay for School Scholarship
High school seniors and first-year college students can apply. You need to be able to show proof that you were born with the name, and the application is turned it at the same time you apply for financial aid. Debt.com wants to award students who have shown persistence and courage in applying for ALL the free college money that is out there. All you have to do is apply for TONS of scholarships. You then send them copies of the submission receipts, along with a letter saying a bit about yourself. Include your plans in life and how you felt submitting all those applications.
Two $2,000 MSA Graduate Scholarships are awarded, along with one $500 Backus Award. Ronald McDonald House wants to help students who are financially challenged. They offer weird scholarships to students https://turbo-tax.org/ who have financial needs, based on their community involvement, academic achievement and leadership. The Oregon Space Consortium Program belongs to the National Space Fellowship and Grant program.
Scholarships by year
They then submit the entry form, signed by their parents, snail mail, or online as a .png or .jpeg. Ever wonder if there was a scholarship for any specific talent or trait you have? Here is a list of unusual scholarships that may help you find financial aid. Every year, they give out ten $2,000 scholarships to students like you. Just spend a few minutes reading over their fire safety info and then take a quick quiz.
- It turns out vegetables aren’t just good for your health, but for your financial well-being, too.
- Stop the Bleed also offers students whose parents are front-line workers the opportunity to apply for the Front Line Families Scholarship, which offers a $1,000 award.
- This award is intended for music students at DePauw University who are female, and who can play or sing the US national anthem.
- The Klingon Language Council (KLC) awards $500 scholarships to students who excel at implementing creative uses for the language of Klingon, from the fictional Star Trek Universe.
That being said, those achievements are beneficial and impressive, we encourage every student to strive for accomplishments in academics and extracurriculars. Although it may not seem like it, not every scholarship for college tuition requires exceptional grades or impressive talents. All high school seniors in Arkansas who successfully demonstrate their duck calls have a chance to win some college aid.
Boom & Bucket’s Scholarship
But seriously, Clowns of America International awards this scholarship to any student who’s enrolled in family entertainment educational programs that run for a minimum of 10 hours. Sometimes scholarships from weird sources are the only way students can get by. Rest assured, all the weird scholarships listed above are currently available and accepting (or will be soon) applications. So, in this post you’ll find 19 weird scholarships for college that you probably didn’t even know existed.
Take the pledge to never text and drive and explain why in 140 characters. If selected, you’ll have to write an essay, and you may be selected for the scholarship. Fill out some basic information and answer a short, eight-question multiple-choice quiz about fire sprinkler safety. Winner selection is NOT based on financial need, GPA, or demographic criteria.